Christmas can be a very stressful time for many of us, but there are plenty of things you can do each day to reduce the stress in all areas of your life. Review this checklist daily as a reminder to de-stress.
A good way to incorporate these strategies into your lifestyle is to add one technique each week. This will give you a chance to practice it enough to start using it automatically before you add another strategy.
As you add these techniques one by one, you’ll find that your stress levels will decrease and your positive energy will rise, allowing you to more fully enjoy your life!
Daily Strategies to Reduce Stress or Redirect its Energy
1. Start your day stress-free.
- Throw out your alarm clock.
- Give thanks.
- Sing a happy tune.
3. Make your self-talk positive.
- Encourage yourself.
- Beware of negative self-talk after making a mistake.
4. Use Affirmations.
- Follow the 3 Ps:
‣ Positive (“I can...” instead of “I cannot...”)
‣ Personal (“I”, “me”, “my” instead of “you” or “we”)
‣ Present Tense (“I am...” instead of “I will...”)
- Repeat your affirmations daily.
- Repeat them when you feel stressed.
- Repeat them when you're wrestling with a bad habit that you want to change.
5. Simplify your life.
- Learn to say no.
- Skip some of the parties.
- Make decisions according to your priorities.
- De-clutter your home.
- De-clutter your office.
6. Exercise at least 3 times each week.
7. Make time for yourself.
8. Look for the silver lining.
- When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
9. Live in the moment.
- Rejoice in the simple things.
- Derive pleasure from your senses.
- Enjoy each moment to its fullest.
10. Take time to BREATHE in stressful situations.
Sometimes it’s is the simplest things that can make the biggest difference. Choose one item from the list and start today.
Wishing you a Happy, stress-free Christmas.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.